Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Progress of week 7 and 8

Last week I tried to render my model. I still had many problems with the noise in the pictures. During the weekend I made some renders with a render time of 2 hours, still there was to much noise. Because of the time I thought to go on with the noisy pictures, but it keeps annoying me.
On the Maxwell forum I was reading many topics. Eventually I saw an problem of some1 with similarly problems. He had made some interior renders. Probably it is difficult to render interiors. He got also noisy pictures. Many people discussed about the problem and told all kind of tips, tricks and suggestions. Mostly didn't work by him, but it helped me to understand more of Maxwell.
Some things were:
- Many emitters (lamps) with multilight can infect the needed render time.
- Using a "flash" behind the camera

When changing some things in Maya I made some renders again. Then the renders were getting better then before.
When making the survey I saw some problems for the survey.
- With a free account I can only make 10 questions, but when using an image that counts as a question. That is the reason why I going to use several pictures in one.- When uploading an image it can be only 150kb. So I need to compress some images, but when I put several images in one image the size is going to be too big.
- Solution for this problem is to upload the images somewhere else. And use that link for the image.

I want to make my survey easy to fill in with easy and short questions and answers.
To have a survey, which can be analyzed, I will only use multiple choices with only 1 answer.
The answers of the questions will tell me, if the psychological feelings can be adjusted by using colored light.
- Questions about psychological feelings of space and dimension.
- Questions about psychological feelings of space and mood.




Here some new renders:



1 comment:

Andre - AC said...

It seems you’ve had a long, hard struggle so far, Bert, but you’re getting close. I’ve gathered that your main strategy is to present differently lit renderings of the same scenes, for a collection of scenes. So when setting up the survey, it would be good to cross-check people’s responses somewhat by, presenting the scenes in different ways. For example, you can show the same scene with two or more kinds of lighting, but then also present two or more different scenes with the same kind of lighting. (Also, the angle of view can have an effect on people’s impressions, so it might be useful to include a few oblique (non-central) views for examining this.)
AC