Wednesday, October 15, 2008

6 october 2008

Today I was not present on the meeting.At this moment it was not going that good with my project.
The main problem is, that Maxwell is not installed on the computers in the TENT's. On the presentation (3rd of October) Axel thought it was already installed, but Paul told me it was not.
I mailed Paul de Ruiter that week and he ensured me, that some people should installed the software.I mailed him back, with the question on which computers maxwell is installed.
But they were not installed yet. He should let me know when maxwell is installed and on which computers. During the week I did not get an email from Paul, so the software Maxwell is still not installed on computers.

Then I thought, I have to go on, because otherwise I would get in some time problems.I was thinking about other plug-ins, suddenly I saw that I could use Maxwell via MAYA. I was using the plugin for MAYA and it works! But during the weekend and last night I tried to figger out, how it works. The problem for me is, that I never had used maya often, so I don't know exactly how to use the materials. For every material I imported an .mxm file. For the lights I used an Emitter (saw this in the manual maxwell plugin for MAYA) Then I made a render. Thirst there were problems with no light. Later I get a blurry image, but it is an image. Then I changed several aspects and was playing with the light and materials. The render staid blurry, maybe the scale is not good. But still I don't get the effect of light I wanted.

(10 october) I am not sure what to do... I do not have that much time. Maybe I am at the good way.I still didn't get a mail from Paul, so I think Maxwell is still not installed.I think I need help for rendering, I thought it should be much easier. But should I use MAXWELL in MAYA (or rhino) or should I use other plug-ins? (I heard some plugins like Kerkythea are more easy to use? but maybe it is MAYA that it seems to be hard to use)I know Axel got maxwell with Rhino, maybe he can help me made some renders, but than it need to be done in a few hours and I think that is not going to work.

Now it is blurry in my head. I hope Axel can help me with my choice, what to do now.
- Go further with MAYA and maxwell
- try to use other rendering software
- use maxwell and rhino, if it is installed on computers in TENT 3

No comments: