Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Results of the presentation of last monday

Monday we had a meeting with the research tutors, Axel and Rudi.
Every student was holding his presentation with his research hypothesis.
After the students proposol, the tutors gave comments and advices about the proposol.

For my proposol I get the following comments and advices:

- Looking for phsycological effects of the colors.
- Searching on the internet and in the literature
- Health healing with light (researches of hospitals)
- Truus knew a PhD-student who did research to psychological of colours.
- Axel knew a PhD-student who did research to LED-lights that had to do with,
to tune the color of the LED for each toner. So that you can get every color you want.

- Do research of how I want to use the light in the space.
- diffuse light, spotted light or reflected light.
- artificial light or natural light.
- What kind of space do I want to make and with what measures.
- Design a space.

- They recommended to look for designs of Alvar Aalto.
- He used natural daylight in his buildings.

- Karel suggested not only use light but also using sound.
- Sound can manipulate the psychological human feelings.
- They told me to do research for a building in Brussel, designed by Le Corbusier for the Brussels World's Fair of 1958.
There is a video on youtube of the "Poème électronique" that was played in the building.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC3OXai7W9I

Christian send me a mail with precedents that could be interesting:
- Ambilight TV's From philips
- The shoebaloo from Meyer en van Schooten architects

Some notices for myself:
- It is important to know what I want to do.
- Do I want to use the sound-issue in my space?
- How should I develop the model?
- Try to figger out what approuch I need to get my final result.
- Which computer programs do I need?
- It is not just reproduce and do research!

1 comment:

akilian said...

http://publications.csail.mit.edu/abstracts/abstracts07/abstract-maria/abstract-maria.html

is the link to Maria Thompson's phd research on using colored LED for lighting and how it affects perception. It may have more interesting links in the reference section to follow up on. Also http://www.colorkinetics.com/ is an interesting company in Boston related to Philipps that will have interesting projects to look at in the architectural context, some maybe a bit to much based on lighting effects but some maybe also more subtle.

Axel